Friday, February 22, 2008

They love each other, they really do!

Today Scarlett happened to nap until I got Matthew's lunch ready. Unfortunately for me that meant I needed to nurse her while he ate lunch - I don't typically like to do this, I prefer to sit with him & eat my lunch, and I really don't like nursing her in the dining room. So today I sat in the family room with her, with the door open into the dining room so I could watch & chat with Matthew.

Scarlett got down to the business of eating, but as soon as she heard Matthew, she started twisting & turning to try to see him. Yeah, that makes mommy's nipple happy. After about 2 minutes of that she decided her tummy was satisfied enough and she stood up in my lap craning her neck around to see him, smiling, and laughing the whole time. When she got him in her sights she started jumping up and down and making that "ah, ah, ah" noise that is so adorable. I said something like "Scarlett I wish you would lay down and eat some more" and Matthew immediately started saying "lay down, eat!", "shish-ter, lay down!", "eat, shish-ter" and different variations. She just continued to smile, laugh, jump, and talk to him. I finally moved so that she could see him while she nursed...THAT made her very happy & she finished her lunch.

I just love watching them interact. Matthew is a great big brother, most of the time, and Scarlett adores him. She has started getting into that separation anxiety phase where she screams when I'm out of the room, UNLESS Matthew is there...then she is quite happy to be left alone with him. Of course this often means I hear screams from another room, since she usually goes right to him & he often pushes her away. Of course he will also rush to hug her if she falls & bumps something.

No comments: