Friday, February 8, 2008

Recipe Friday - Sweet Cream Pound Cake

This is a really easy cake and every time I've made it, it has turned out great. I made one for David's birthday since it is his favorite and then he had a potluck at work last week so I made another. He said several people there asked for the recipe, so I figured it was a good one to share here as well.

Sweet Cream Pound Cake

1/2 lb butter (2 sticks)
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups cake flour
1/2 pint whipping cream (small carton)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 300*. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Fold in whipping cream (do not whip the cream first). Add flour and mix well. Add vanilla. Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.

(The baking time really depends on the oven & pan - I use a nonstick cake pan but grease it anyway and bake for 1 hr 15 min.)

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

And who doesn't love a piece of wonderful pound cake? Let me get my pen!