Friday, February 22, 2008

Idol...after the results

Ha! Boy was I wrong! David & I didn't have any of the people who left Idol last night in our "bottom 2" for the guys or girls. I am happy to say that at least they weren't in our "top 6" either! It will be interesting to see how our "top 6" changes from week to week. At least for now our top 12 are safe.

I will say that I don't like them splitting it evenly with guys & girls. There have been seasons in the past where I felt like there were more guys who deserved to be in the top 12 or girls...either way. Ultimately I don't guess it matters, since eventually the "bottom 6" guys (or girls) would be voted off anyway...if they were in the round of 24 or if they were all in the top 12, right?

This year I am somewhat unimpressed with the talent though. I don't think they have anywhere near as much talent as there has been in previous seasons, regardless of what the folks at Fox want us to believe. I'm really tired of hearing "our most talented top 24 ever)". I'm also a bit cynical about the people who have been in bands & recorded & released albums being in it. You can tell they are really trying to cover their asses about it now too, last night saying that if a singer wasn't trying to make it then they probably didn't deserve a chance. I just prefer the idea of them "discovering" an unknown, not "rediscovering" someone who failed.

No comments: