Friday, February 15, 2008

Recipe Friday - Best Ever Brownies

Best Ever Brownies

1 or 2 boxes of your favorite brownie mix (you can actually use the cheap kind, no need for the top of the line)
Whatever the brownie mix calls to be added in (eggs, milk, oil, water)
3 Hershey's Symphony bars (I prefer the toffee/almond ones)

If you use 1 box of brownie mix, mix it according to the directions for cake-style brownies. If you use 2 boxes, mix them according to the normal directions.

Pour half of the brownie mix in a greased 9x13 pan. Unwrap the Symphony bars & add them as a layer across the brownie batter. Pour the rest of the batter on top. Bake according to package directions. If using 2 mixes, I usually increase the time a little, but it varies according to what kind of mix I used.

(Note: I originally got this recipe from my mom, with no idea where she got it. Since then I saw it on an episode of Paula Deen, so she gets the credit for my favorite brownie recipe!)

No comments: