Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the brags

I have to say it somewhere, and here seems to be the most appropriate place. My kids are the cutest kids ever. Yep, I said it, in black & white, for anyone to see. Scarlett is just growing & changing every day. She now pulls up on everything, is starting to cruise just a little - the most she takes is 2 steps, she's letting go & standing for maybe 3 seconds before she topples, she's trying to stand on her own in the center of the room, she's scaring me that she's going to be walking early! Eeek! The cutest thing she's doing though is clicking her tongue. She puts it to the roof of her mouth & then clicks it down to a normal position. It's so funny and the first time David did it back to her, she went nuts and now she clicks clicks clicks. Tonight I'm pretty sure she winked at him. We were eating supper & he was feeding her. She said 'dada' and I glanced at her & I swear she winked. (Well, one of those 2 eyed winks that babies do, but NOT a blink...longer than a blink.) I asked him if he saw it so he winked at her & she did it again!

Also at supper, Matthew suddenly put his foot up ON the table and said "I want my sock." I almost fell over laughing because it was just so random. I did get onto him about putting his foot on the table once I got my laughter under control. He did several other cute things at supper but I am so sleepy I can't remember them right now. I wish I could go to sleep in our bed without David there...he's working late tonight...sitting at the computer while I surf away on the laptop. Hopefully he'll be finished soon.

Oh yeah, I just reminded myself. Another cute thing Matthew did/said. He told us after supper "my all done". I know that's not a proper sentence but I see it as an indication that he is learning that there are more pronouns that mean "I" than just "I". He uses "me" sometimes too...so maybe I overreacted to the cuteness of this tonight.

No comments: