Thursday, February 28, 2008

Idol thoughts - week 2

Once again, I'm going to post a little about what David & I thought about this week's Idol competitions. We were totally off base last week - none of the 4 that we thought were the worst went home, so maybe we're really out of touch with the people who actually vote! But here's our opinion this week.

Guys - Bottom 2:
Jason Yeagar
Danny Noriega

Since I don't think Danny Noriega will go home, I'll add that our 3rd worst guy based on this week only was Michael Johns. He was one of our top 2 last week, so if I base it on what we thought of both weeks combined, David Archuleta becomes our 3rd bottom. I don't think he's likely to go home either. Basically I guess it's a wide open week...I'm guessing Jason Yeagar and Luke Menard will be the 2 that actually go.

Just to have it out there, our top 2 guys this week were David Hernandez and Chikezie; if we take both weeks into account, our top 2 guys are Jason Castro and Chikezie.

Girls - Bottom 2:
Amanda Overmyer
Alexandrea Lushington

I should note that Alexandrea Lushington was in our top 6 girls last week, but we thought she was pretty bad last night. Our top 2 girls based on last night's performances were Brooke White and Kristy Lee Cook. (Kristy Lee Cook was one of "our" bottom 2 last week...they said she had the flu, so maybe she's really talented after all.) Overall our top 2 girls are Brooke White and Syesha Mercado.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it last week, but something about Brooke White really annoys me, so I didn't want to like her. I'm trying to be objective though and base it just on their performance, so she's come out on top because I've really thought she performed great.

Also, I'm not at all a good singer, I know I couldn't do what these people do (I would be one of the BAD auditions that they show in the audition weeks), I'm just someone who watches the show and figured it would give me something besides the kiddos to write about once a week. :) If you want to comment with your thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

I am curious, if you watch & vote, do you base your vote on who you genuinely think performed the best THAT week, or do you base it on more of a cumulative performance history? I don't vote, but when I think of who is good or bad from week to week, I don't forget the past...I try to remember "oh yeah, s/he was really good last week, maybe s/he is just having a bad night".

No comments: