Tuesday, February 12, 2008

more brags

Ok in my not quite as sleepy mindset I thought of a few more cute things. Scarlett waves and claps too. Recently when she claps it sounds like she is saying "yay" when she claps. This morning I was changing her diaper & handed her a stuffed frog in an effort to keep her still and she clapped his front legs together. It was really cute. I LOVE this age. I remember with Matthew thinking that each age/stage got better than the last. Each time he would enter a new stage I would think "oh I was wrong, THIS is my favorite so far" and for the most part that is still true. It just gets better and better every day.

He is such a good big brother. He tolerates her climbing on him and pulling his hair, even though I don't think he understands that she doesn't know any better. Occasionally when I'm not in the room with them I'll hear him say "don't do dat shish-ter" or "no, shish-ter" and it is so cute, and of course I wonder what she is doing! He also sometimes pushes her or kicks her out of his way (seriously, unless she's eating or one of them is sleeping, she's always trying to climb on him, so I understand him shoving her away). All in all, he is really good with her though. Last night he did not want to take a bath, but when we told him sister was getting a bath he ran to the bathroom & said "me get bath shish-ter" - he really likes getting in the tub with her. Over the weekend when MIL had them in the tub he told MIL "I help" - and he helped wash Scarlett's hair. He poured water over her head to rinse it & he said "shish-ter's eye hurt".

Matthew's vocabulary & memory continue to amaze me. He frequently wants to "call momma joy" on my cell phone because I have let him do it a couple of times. He has new words every day - I really should document things better, but I think most of the time my brain is too mushy to remember them for 5 minutes. I try to write most of the cute things here but lately I've had trouble remembering! :(

No comments: