Tuesday, August 26, 2008

randomness

We're still having a great visit with my family. I am anxious to see my husband, and I am sure the kids miss him too, but otherwise it's been a really nice trip. Today we drove to the coast to my sister's house. My dad had a job interview there, with a company that is actually based in the Detroit area. They are looking for a rep here, which my mom hates because it means my dad will be back on the road. But it makes him happy, so it's tough. Anyway, I think it would be nice if he's working for a Detroit-based company, just because he'd likely have to come up occasionally for meetings & stuff. We had a great visit with sis & nephew, did a little shopping...I swear I could totally buy out the Bailey Boys store! Ok, well maybe I couldn't literally, since I can't afford to, but I love all of their stuff! I bought Scarlett 2 outfits and Matthew 1, and my mom bought all of the small grandkids matching Christmas outfits. Goody!

Last night & now tonight I've spent a lot of the evening typing up some of my favorite recipes from mom's recipe box. I am taking it one section at a time, going through the section & separating out the ones I want to copy. When I got married one of her gifts to me (and David I guess!) was a recipe box with copied & laminated recipes. It had many family favorites, and some that I don't ever remember eating. But somehow, her box has many many more recipes than mine, and a lot of them aren't at all new. So now I'm trying to catch up & get all those recipes so I can expand our menu. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

No comments: