Saturday, August 16, 2008

and we're off

I am finishing up our packing & we're heading to a party this afternoon. Then while most of you are sleeping, we'll be heading down the Atlanta highway. Looking for the love getaway...oh WAIT! That's all wrong. Well we will be heading to Atlanta, but I'll be leaving David at the airport so he can come back here. Then I'll head to my parents' house with the kids. So not exactly a love getaway.

We'll be visiting my new nephew and the rest of the family. Then David flies back down & we'll go to Georgia Tech's football season opener. Can't wait to see how we look - we have a new head coach & I'm really excited about him. Then we'll spend Labor Day weekend with the family before driving home.

I know it seems convoluted that David is driving down & flying back, only to turn around in a couple of weeks and fly down & driving back, but he won't "let" me drive down with the kiddos by myself. Now it is a 900 mile trip to my parents' house, but I have travelled enough with & without the kiddos that I'd feel totally comfortable doing it. But I'll humor him. So, if I'm not around much for a couple of weeks, you'll know it's because I'm having fun with the folks. I'll be back.

No comments: