Friday, August 15, 2008

Recipe Friday - Chocolate Eclair Cake

I haven't shared a recipe lately and I'm about to make this, so figured I'd post it. I'm taking this and some macaroni & cheese to a cookout tomorrow. This is one of my favorite easy desserts. David took it to work once (many years ago) for a dessert contest and won first place!

Chocolate Eclair Cake

"cake":
1 box graham crackers
2 small boxes instant French Vanilla pudding
3-1/2 cups milk
8 oz cool whip

  1. Mix pudding and milk.
  2. Fold in Cool Whip.
  3. Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with graham crackers (in a single layer).
  4. Pour 1/2 of pudding mixture over crackers.
  5. Top with another layer of graham crackers.
  6. Add rest of pudding mixture.
  7. Top with another layer of crackers.

Topping:
1/4 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons white karo syrup
3 tablespoons margarine, softened
3 tablespoons milk
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

  1. Mix together and spread over cake.
  2. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

I haven't eaten this in years. It is sooo good. I just might have to go to the grocery store!