Thursday, August 14, 2008

gotta love shipping companies

Most things we order ship via UPS. I generally ship with UPS if I don't use USPS. But the UPS guy that usually delivers here refuses to ring my doorbell! Don't know why - my car can be sitting right in the driveway, where he has to walk around it to get to the door so he has to know someone's home, right? And I *get* that they have a lot of packages to deliver and want to move on to the next house as quickly as possible, but ring my freaking doorbell & leave the package on the stoop. Not too hard. He can head back to the truck as soon as he rings the bell for all I care. But no, they leave the packages by our SIDE door, where sometimes a package can sit for a few days before I notice it. ARGH! (Our other "UPS guy" rings the doorbell. I like him a lot better!)

And today, we got a delivery via FedEx. They seem to always ring the doorbell. What was funny about today's package is that rain is in the forecast, so he put the box in a plastic bag. He filled out the "we left your package" tag, and you'd think he would have put that on my front door, right? Oh no, he stuck it ON THE BOX, INSIDE the plastic bag! So, the tag telling me where he left my package, was stuck to said package. How crazy is that??? Thanks FedEx guy, for letting me know where you left my stuff! :)

No comments: