Monday, August 11, 2008

#97: Blade Runner

Last night we watched Blade Runner, #97 on the AFI top 100 list. I didn't have high expectations going in, I generally like fluffy feel good movies. I do like some Science Fiction, but usually the really action packed films. From what I had read about Blade Runner, I wasn't going to like it. But guess what? I did! I did like it! It was dark but it was great. There weren't any twists and turns in it really, you pretty much knew what was supposed to happen from the opening of the film, and you followed along as it happened. Even without the twists and turns, and nothing really unexpected happening, it wasn't just a movie to watch. You watch, you experience it, you question it, you think.

A couple of my favorite quotes from the movie:
"More human than human is our motto"
"It's too bad she won't live. But then, who does?"

I couldn't help but notice that sometimes Pris looked like she belonged in the Doodlebops instead of in Blade Runner. I think it was her hair and makeup...I just couldn't get doodlebops out of my mind part of the time she was on screen. Not always though, only for occasional scenes. Strange, huh?

Up next: Do The Right Thing

No comments: