Thursday, August 21, 2008

good times

We're having a great week so far. We had a nice drive down, took the kiddos to the huge park we used to live near in Atlanta, they had a great time there! We met our tenant (he's lived there 2 years & we just met!) and signed a new lease since he is getting a new roommate, then we went through the condo to see what needs doing. David thinks we'll spend 2-3 hours working on it next week. Hopefully it won't be too long! We dropped David off at the airport and drove to my parents' house. The kids & I were so tired when we got here and they were nice & slept until 8am Monday!

They've been having a blast so far - Matthew is LOVING the pool - it's so nice to be where the water is warm enough to really enjoy having a pool. He started off sliding down the slide into the water and yesterday was jumping off the diving board over & over. This from a kid who just a couple of weeks ago hated having his head under! I think seeing Belle swim is good for him - she's all over the pool without floaties! (I also think seeing her potty is good for him! He's been asking to go a decent bit, I definitely need to encourage him more when we get home!)

Matthew & Belle play great together - the other day they were playing & I heard her scream "I love you Matthew" and he replied with a scream, "I love you too Belle". Precious. Belle thinks Scarlett is a baby and Scarlett thinks she's as big as Belle! It's pretty funny to watch them interact.

I weighed in today, but on a different scale than normal. According to it I've lost 6 lbs this week. Um, I don't think so! I think the scales are definitely different. So I'm not updating my ticker until I get home & can weigh there. I'd like to think this scale is accurate, and it possibly is, but I don't feel right basing it on a number I don't think is right...make sense? I really don't think our scale is right, but I don't mind - I'm not looking at it as just a single number, it's the change that matters to me! But ya, I'd be thrilled if I really lost 6 lbs!

Scarlett is such a honey - last weekend at the party she was in the beer tub constantly grabbing bottles. Yeah, putting bottles in ice in a tub is a GREAT idea, unless there's a toddler around! But she went for bottle after bottle, and then climbed up on the table & danced! One of the women commented that "the boys are going to love her when they're older" - um ya, not looking forward to those days. I guess I can hope she got the beer drinking table dancing days out of her system young?

On another note, if you don't use graham crackers on a regular basis, and you're making a recipe that uses them, TASTE them first! My chocolate eclair cake was pretty ruined the other day - I think the crackers were bad. Stale I guess, but it just did not turn out! I was so embarrassed when I tasted it - I've earned a reputation among David's coworkers as being a good cook, and this was an easy recipe that was ruined! Seriously, I don't think they were very old, but they tasted horrible in the recipe!

No comments: