Wednesday, January 2, 2008

we're baaaack

I feel like I've been away forever!

We decided to stay in town for the daycare Christmas program - it was the first "school performance" for both Matthew & Scarlett. Pretty cute - they gave the infants little bells to ring while the teachers sang Jingle Bells. Then Matthew's class sang one song & then did the Reindeer Pokey. I couldn't believe how crowded it was - I think the daycare director was surprised too since she sent an email this morning saying next year they would find a bigger place to have it!

We drove to Tennessee Friday the 21st. David's mom was there, so the entire family on that side was together for the weekend. We had our Christmas dinner & gift exchange Saturday night & Matthew was really into it. My SIL started passing out presents & he immediately grabbed one from under the tree & started unwrapping. Fortunately it was his. While he liked unwrapping, he impressed me by wanting to play with whatever he unwrapped for a while before going on to the next gift.

We also visited with David's dad's side of the family while in TN and exchanged gifts with them.

Then we drove to Georgia and had a nice visit. I am so spoiled having all of my family in one place - I took it for granted growing up but now really wish my kids could grow up that way. It will never happen though and I guess we were just lucky that both of David's parents went to TN before Christmas. I do think that this will be the last year we try to see all of both families for Christmas. We have our own family now, and it's not good to travel around so much every year.

Matthew seemed to love playing with Belle (my sister's daughter who is 6 weeks older than him). And Scarlett amazed everyone by how good she was! They said they had never seen such a content, happy baby.

All in all, we had a good Christmas. We drove home Sunday & spent New Year's Eve & Day at home. Today all is back to normal except I'm not working. David is at work & the kiddos are at daycare. This week I am working on stuff around the house, and this weekend we will look at our budget to decide if I need to look for work. David seems to think I can be a SAHM. Even though I don't want to take Matthew out of daycare, I think if I find some playgroups he will be ok.

On some level I feel bad because I think daycare has been so good for Matthew. I know not everyone is cut out to be a SAHM, but it's what I've wanted, and now I have convinced myself that someone else does a better job with Matthew than I do :(

I'll post some pictures and stories as soon as I get the pics downloaded!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Ok Kaci you do a great job with both of your kids. No one does a better job than mommy!