Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WFMW: Mango splitter

I love fruit, and one of my favorites is mango. Unfortunately I always felt like it was a pain to prepare at home, and very frustrating to get all the fruit off the seed. Then I found the Oxo Mango Splitter.

This little tool is worth the price to me, considering it now takes me no time to peel and cut up a mango. I use my vegetable peeler to peel it, then use this to split it from the seed. There is a small amount of fruit left on the seed, but nothing compared to what was left when I used to do it with a knife. It is so quick and easy, and I don't end up with juice all over my hands from trying to cut the fruit away from the seed.

Matthew loves to chew on the seed when I'm done so I don't try to get the fruit that is left off. I've also been told that if you clean the seeds and let them dry out that they make a great baby rattle, but I haven't tried that! :)

So the Oxo Mango Splitter works for me. For more tips, head over to Rocks in My Dryer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kaci. My son and I love Mango. I'm going to get myself one. Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I usually don't buy mango because of the hassle of getting it off the seed. This looks like a handy tool!