Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bad, then good, then bad again

This morning I decided my kitchen stank. Side note here - I really wanted to say my kitchen stunk, but I think that is incorrect...isn't stunk the past participle and shouldn't I be using past tense? Anyway, I decided my kitchen smelled bad. So to quickly improve the smell, I put a pot of water with some cinnamon, vanilla, and cloves on the stove to simmer. Sure enough, the smell improved. To the point that my kitchen smelled good.

I thought I had plenty of water in the pot. I thought it would simmer almost all day. I should have checked it. Instead, I smelled something burning, and remembered my simmering pot. Yep, I let the water all cook out & was left with burnt cinnamon & cloves. NOT a good smell. So now I have a smelly kitchen & a pot that needs a good scrubbing!

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

ugh! and I was all warm & cozy, just imagining the smell of that simmering pot.