Tuesday, January 22, 2008

growing up so fast

So 2 weeks ago, January 9, I picked the children up at daycare and Scarlett's teacher told me she sat up all by herself. She has been sitting without support for a while, but this was the first time she got herself into position. I think it is my first 'missed milestone' for either of the children. Well, at least the first that neither David nor I saw. So when I got Scarlett home I gave her a good talking to. I told her when she is going to do something new she needs to save it for us. :) She actually waited a few days and didn't sit up at home until the weekend after she started sitting at daycare. Maybe she didn't like that talking to?

She's also really close to full on crawling. She will spot something across the room & knows how to roll to get there, and recently she has started scooting. She gets up on her hands and knees great, so I know it will be soon that she'll be crawling around quickly.

Sunday I also found a tooth. She got it a lot earlier than Matthew got his first one, and the sweet little thing didn't show any discomfort or signs of teething. I think with her being sick last week that was all that we noticed.

Yesterday we decided to have movie night at our house - Matthew had gotten a copy of Cars (the movie) for Christmas (last year!) and a set of the cars from McDonald's Happy Meals. When Matthew woke up from his nap we popped popcorn and told him we were going to watch a movie. He walked around saying "movie....movie....movie" like he was all excited, but he didn't even know what a movie was. We got his toy cars together & he sat with David on the couch. I think he enjoyed the movie - he would pick up his cars as they came up on the screen. I enjoyed watching him more than the movie.

No comments: