Monday, December 31, 2007

Do you want juice with that haircut?

Matthew had his first haircut the day after Christmas last year. He wasn't too happy about it - David's grandfather was a barber for years so we asked him to do it. Maybe I should add that David's grandfather celebrated his 92nd birthday the same day he gave Matthew his haircut. He also gave David his first haircut, so I thought it would be sweet. After the first haircut, I took Matthew to my "old" stylist from "back home" a couple of times, but he was always disagreeable. Sometime when we didn't have a trip planned, David was going to the barbershop and I asked him to take Matthew. So the two of them went together. David said Matthew was perfect! He watched his daddy get his hair cut and then sat nice & still in the chair for his own cut. David said even the buzzing near his ears didn't bother Matthew! I figured if he's that well behaved, then they can always go for haircuts together...so they do!

This morning the fellas went off for haircuts, and were going to make a quick grocery run since we've been out of town for a while & our cupboards are bare. I heard someone at the door long before I expected them to return, and it was David. He was stopping by to get a sippy cup. Apparently every time they go for a haircut, they visit the store next door for a juice box. Today, Matthew remembered & asked for juice when they left the barbershop. They were out of juice boxes & David said he wasn't doing too well with the bottle, so he decided to come home for a cup.

Maybe if I was bribing with juice Matthew would be more cooperative when I take him, but I think it's a great boy's day out to have haircuts & juice, so I think I'll leave this one to daddy.

No comments: