Friday, December 14, 2007

Recipe Friday - Pineapple Casserole

I've decided to TRY and post a favorite recipe every Friday. Enjoy :)

Pineapple Casserole

2 20oz cans of pineapple, in juice (I use chunks)
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 c sugar
1/3 c all purpose flour
1 c Ritz crackers, crushed
1/4 c butter, melted

Drain the pineapple, reserve 1/3 c of juice. Place pineapple in a lightly greased casserole dish. Cover with cheese, then mix it up a little. Combine reserved pineapple juice, sugar, and flour. Pour over cheese. Combine cracker crumbs and butter and sprinkle on top. Bake at 400* for 25 minutes.

Note - I have baked this at 325, 350, 375, and 400 for different lengths of time. It seems to come out best when I bake it at 400, but it just depends on what else I'm cooking what temp I use.

No comments: