Monday, September 8, 2008

what a find

So I got an email from my dad last night. It says "exploits in the yard" and the message is only "Yes, this was crawling across the front yard." I'm not very squeamish about things - I'm a country girl, and walking outside to find a snake wasn't anything unusual. We'd find rat snakes curled up at the bottom of the steps, or in the flowerbeds. And of course the occasional rattlesnake. But usually they were um, fairly small. Not like this. After seeing the picture, I'm glad daddy found this one this weekend instead of last weekend! Really glad my two little ones weren't the ones to discover it!

And I blurred Dad's face out because I don't want the animal cruelty folks jumping on him. No really, it's just cause I don't have his permission to post his pic, and I try to respect their privacy, at least a little bit! :)

2 comments:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

I love it!

(presumably) dead rattlesnake in one hand, rifle (shotgun?) in the other!

Now THAT is the life we want to live! (Well, ok, maybe not the snake. But the country, and the firearms (within reason... no MI militia or anything), so where we want to be!)

Kaci said...

Yeah, the rattler was dead! And it's just a Red Ryder in the other hand - that's the gun of choice for scaring off wild critters that wander into the yard. I think rattlesnakes are the only ones that actually get killed.

Maybe that life is closer than you think :)