Sunday, September 28, 2008

and another little whine - **edited

I don't know what the heck people are walking for today, but there's been a lot of screaming & yelling & horn honking going on all afternoon. It's disturbing Scarlett's nap! and you know when babies don't nap, they are cranky. And when babies are cranky, mommies have to try really hard not to be cranky. I finally went & looked and there are a lot of people wearing bright yellow t-shirts walking by in groups. Even if this is some great fundraiser/awareness thing, shouldn't most of them have gone by now? This thing shouldn't be lasting over 2 hours, should it? Not in front of MY house anyway, right? ARGHGHGHGH!! Maybe I need to volunteer on the committee...I'll suggest that next year the walk take place in the business part of town, not the residential area! ;)

** Edited to say that I'm guessing Beth was right, this weekend IS the Michigan 3-Day and the route is probably going by my house. So now I feel like a total putz for complaining. It's a great cause. But why were they wearing YELLOW? Last weekend when we were in Atlanta we crossed the path of their 3-Day and it was obgvious from their t-shirts.

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

This weekend is the Breast Cancer 3 Day. My guess is that you're on the route...

http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer?pagename=MI_landing

If this is the case, I hate to be the one to tell you, but it's going to go on all day.