Friday, September 5, 2008

kudos to my dad

I've always thought my dad was awesome, except for that one time....but I won't get into that one now. My dad is currently unemployed. He had been working as a sales rep for a tooling company and they wanted to expand his territory. My mom hates him being on the road so he refused the new territory, and that's that. I actually enjoyed his employment status during my visit - it meant we had a lot of time together and it was nice. I also love seeing him interact with Matthew & Scarlett - reminds me of why I always thought he was an awesome dad. He's an even awesomer 'bandaddy', as Matthew calls him. His being home full time also made it possible for me to leave Matthew & Scarlett for my Atlanta trip with David.

This trip was the first time I've traveled overnight with our cloth diapers. I know my mom hates them so I was committed to doing all the diaper changes I could, so she wouldn't have to deal with them at all. (Usually when I visit she changes most of the diapers; I have a great mom too!) The day I was getting ready to leave from Atlanta, I showed daddy where all the cloth diaper stuff was, and had liners in diapers ready to go, but I also showed him where disposable diapers were. I explained that he could use whichever he wanted, but that IF he used cloth, he *might* run out before I got home, and in that case he should use disposables. Well, the condo work took longer than we expected, and we got home a LOT later than we planned. Once we got settled in back at my parents' house, I started to get the diapers in the washer. Lo & behold - DADDY had washed the diapers! Washed, line dried, folded, and put away! Liners in place, ready to use, really honest to goodness totally done! See how great he is! And I don't say that just because he did the laundry, but how great is it that he recognizes that cloth diapering is important to ME and he is totally supportive of that effort.

I give the best daddy in the world award to mine.

No comments: