Thursday, June 26, 2008

single digits

We're leaving for a combo family visit & vacation tonight. Since I've been losing weight, a lot of my clothes are too big, so last night I went down to the basement to try on some of my boxed up "summer - too small" clothes. I pulled out the first pair of shorts, thought they looked like they might fit, put them on, they were a perfect fit! I took them off & looked at the tag, so I could dig through and find whatever else was that size. Imagine my surprise....they were 8's! Yes, eights!

I knew that didn't seem right, so I tried on some others, and sure enough, only 2 pair of 8's fit me. The rest were too small. I think the 2 pair that fit were just big girl 8's! So I don't know if they are my fat skinny clothes, or my skinny fat clothes, but I was pretty proud to fit in anything with a single number on the tag, even if I know they weren't true 8's.

I doubt I check in while we're on vacation, and we'll be gone for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll have lots of fun stories to share when I return! Have a GREAT July 4th!

3 comments:

Becky said...

You are doing a great job Kaci!! I hope I can feed off your success after this baby is born :)

Totallyscrappy said...

Fat skinny clothes... you crack me up! Congrats on all that weight loss and enjoy your vacation!

Jodi said...

congrats to you!! single digits are so exciting! Haven't seen those in a good while...maybe one of these days, though I have a feeling a 10 is pretty much my bottom dollar best! :) No complaints there...I'd be happy to be there again too...that's my goal after this pregnancy. We'll see :)