Tuesday, July 8, 2008

made it home

We got in around 6:30 last night, ate dinner, got baths & got the kiddos to bed. I'm copying all the pics off our memory sticks on to the computer (we took over 1000!!!) so hopefully I can go through them soon & post some. We had a great time, drove all night Thursday (June 26th) to get to my parents' house, then slept & visited Friday. Saturday we had Scarlett's party, had a great time...she loved her cake & ice cream! We played in the pool. Sunday we drove to Daytona...the kids loved the beach. We had a blast there. Scarlett is our little fish! The water was freaking freezing though We still had fun, even though we could hardly stand the water. Then Wednesday we went to MIL's - had an ok time there too. She behaved this visit. Saturday we drove to TN, had pics taken Sunday - I'll get a disk in about 2 weeks of those. Scarlett was not very cooperative though, so I'm just hoping they turned out ok. Then we played in the pool & visited. Drove home Monday.

Kids were SO good in the car - I couldn't believe what an easy trip it was! That being said, I'm still exhausted & happy to be home. I LOVE the beach though, I SO want to be back near it! I really miss being able to take day trips to the beach...yeah, we have beaches here, but nothing that's really swimmable, and to me, if it doesn't have that salty smell, it's not a real beach. :) Sorry to all y'all Michiganders, I know there's sand, water, even waves, but it just doesn't compare to the (normally) warm water, the nice ocean breeze, the salt in the air.

The worst thing about our little vacation is all the food I ate! I thought I did pretty well, even at my parents' with my mom cooking some of my favorite foods (homemade peach ice cream, can you say YUMMY?), I didn't eat to the point I was stuffed. I ate what I wanted but I didn't overeat. Plus I was active. Same at the beach. But then we got to MIL's, and there's not much to do there, it's hot, I just sat around & didn't DO stuff like I should. I didn't even think I ate too much. But then in TN, I did. Plus we spent so many hours in the car, it's hard not to eat fast food when you're on the road as much as we were. So well I gained 3.5 lbs (official weigh in is tomorrow, but that's what the scale said today). We're home & I'm back on points though...I'll drop that 3.5 & then some! :)

No comments: