Monday, June 23, 2008

a GREAT weekend

So as I posted Thursday, our anniversary was Saturday night. I told David he was responsible for planning our date, and he did a pretty darn good job. We went to a comedy club and saw Ted Alexandro. I don't remember the guy's name who opened for him, but they were both funny. Heck, even the MC was funny. But Ted, he was really funny. Granted, it's been a while since I've been to a comedy club, but we got a lot of laughs.

One of the things the MC stressed was having a designated driver. When he asked the audience who was a DD, only 2 people showed their hands. So then he proceeded to tell us if we were giggly we might be too drunk to drive. As we were leaving, we walked past a limo & the driver was on his cell phone. I overheard him say "What am I wearing?" It struck me as hilarious, I guess because when I think of someone on the phone & the conversation being "what are you wearing right now?" ya know, my mind just goes to the gutter. So I got the silly giggles, and NO, I was not drunk. I could not stop giggling about it and as we made our way down the block, the MC crossed the street and was beside us. I think because of my uncontrollable giggles, he thought I was drunk & started chatting us up. I think he wanted to make sure one of us was sober enough to drive.

We went to a little burger place for dinner, mainly because we were a little worried we didn't have enough time to go to a "sit down" place. We also went to a great little bakery & had dessert....I had a chocolate turtle brownie & David had a custard something. They were both delish. Yummmy.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day. David pulled out a little bike we have for Matthew & he walked it all over the deck. His feet barely reach the pedals but after a few hours outside he seemed to get the hang of pushing the pedals. He would walk with one foot & have the other foot on the pedals, so maybe he'll figure out to put both feet up soon.

We have finally gotten the pool nice & clean, it's actually algae-free, but the temperature has dropped and the water is only 70*. We pulled out the solar cover so hopefully it will warm up quickly. I'm not swimming in 70* water. Not since my kayaking days have I been in water that cold!

No comments: