Thursday, June 19, 2008

they're good kids... *updated

*update at bottom

My kids are good kids, really, I promise. I know I complain about them some days, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. The good days & moments far outweigh the bad. If my kids are so great, why can't I find a sitter?!?! When we were taking them out of daycare, I talked to several of the teachers and assistants who babysit on the side. They all willingly (well they seemed willing anyway) gave me thier phone numbers. Not a single one that I asked said she doesn't sit, although one said she doesn't very often. All of the others quickly said yes. But so far I've had no luck actually getting one of them to sit for us.

Here's the really whiny part of my post. Saturday is our anniversary. Eleven wonderful years. We should go out and celebrate, right? But we can't do it because we can't find a sitter. I can console myself with the fact that we did enjoy 2 date nights while my parents visited, but it isn't the same. Oh well. I guess aside from a "Happy Anniversary" it will be just like any other Saturday. Which is ok, really. But I'm still frustrated that every time we've tried to hire a sitter it hasn't worked out.

Now I'm freaking paranoid. Why don't they like my kids? My kids are perfect! Really. And yeah, the thought crossed my mind that maybe it's me they don't like, but come on - how could you not like me? (ha!) Even if they don't like me, I'll pay well and they don't have to spend much time with me anyway!

**Update - well, I have a good friend who lives not too far away and bless her heart, she read my blog today and volunteered herself. She's an angel. I won't go into many details here since it's not my place to talk about her (except to say she's an angel!) but basically it's an awkward situation and I'm reluctant to ask her for help with the kids. Maybe it's just as awkward for me not to ask, I dunno...it's just not the situation I'd like it to be. I am pretty sure she understands, which makes me really grateful that she can get through *my* awkwardness about the situation and offer herself up to help me out. I'm not sure I deserve such a good friend, but I'll count my blessings that she's in my life and pray that the situation changes soon.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I can never get a sitter either - and my kids are perfect too! I would babysit in a heart beat if I was closer. Maybe just move to CO???

Kaci said...

Thanks Mer but CO is just farther from the family! We would love to be close to skiing though. How about you more to MI & then we'll trade off?

Meredith said...

Aww yeah for great friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love both of you!

and nope NOT moving to MI!

Anonymous said...

Kac you know i would take them ANYDAY!