Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've been a BAD girl

Whew...first, sorry for the lack of posts lately. My mom arrived last Friday (May 30) then my dad joined us Thursday for a long weekend visit. I dropped them off at the airport this morning. It was such a great week, I will post some things from that soon. First I just have to mention what a bad girl I've been lately. This Weight Watchers stuff has been far easier than I expected. I have developed some great habits, found some healthy snacks, figured out an exercise routine that works for me (most days!), and it's working. In talking to my parents, I realized that David & I have lost Matthew & Scarlett, in weight! No, we haven't LOST Matthew & Scarlett, but we've lost their weights...David has lost what Matthew weighs & I've lost what Scarlett weighs. It's pretty amazing to think of that when I pick them up!

Weight Watchers is very flexible, and I LOVE that about it. David & I snuck in two (yes, two!) date nights while my parents were here. We went to a movie and of course we had to have movie theater popcorn. Somehow the previews just aren't the same without that bag in hand. Yeah, the previews, because my bag always seems to be empty before the feature starts! But that's ok, I don't go back for more because I don't want to miss the movie. On date night 1, we shared a large popcorn at the movie. We did get a diet drink though...surely that balances things out??? ;)

Date night #2 was really a treat - we went to the Melting Pot. Can I just say yummmmmm? We tried to make good choices, but one of the things we agreed to ahead of time was that we were going to really enjoy our meal, and not worry TOO much about the points. The nice thing about fondue is that you pretty much have to eat slowly, so I think that was a big help. We did go "whole hog" though and have the four course meal - cheese, salad, entree, and chocolate. I could have done without the entree, but the cheese & chocolate are to die for. After these date nights, David weighed at the gym yesterday & said he was down 5 lbs from last week when he weighed at the gym. I hope he did manage to lose 5 lbs, but I'm sure I didn't. I'll actually be happy with one pound this week, since I also had mom's meatloaf and homemade mac & cheese. And I missed the gym this morning due to having to get my parents to the airport.

Don't worry though, I'm back on the wagon tomorrow. And actually, I don't think I truly fell off the wagon - I was aware each day of my choices & the consequences. I did try to make the more fattening foods substitutes instead of eating them in addition to my normal things...every little bit helps!

Ultimately, I enjoyed my treats and I'm watching it a little more closely now. I'll get on the scale tomorrow and hopefully see that I lost a little something, then I'm starting a new week - no worries!

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

I soooooooooooo want to try Melting Pot. I checked out their website, and am drooling! YUMMY!

And how awesome that you & David are doing so well on WW! Very cool that you have real live little people to put your weight lost in perspective!