Thursday, June 12, 2008

ouch ouch ouch

Yesterday I was outside playing with Matthew & I got stung by a wasp. It got me in that spot where butt meets leg. It hurt. The pain was worth than childbirth. Ok, maybe not really, but at least with childbirth I knew there was a great reward. What's my reward for the wasp sting? A swollen ass this morning! It hurts to sit, it hurts to step over the baby gate, it just plain hurts. ARGH!

Trying to be positive, I remind myself that it's a good thing it was *me* that got the sting and not Matthew. I'd hate it if he got stung. I also think I need to pick up some dip to have handy in case of future stings. I can remember being grossed out when Papa pulled his snuff out of his mouth & stuck it on MY arm when I got stung, but what do you know, I don't remember it hurting like this one! I think there are a lot of folk remedies and I can't say for sure that it worked, but after this swollen & sore (butt) cheek experience I figure it won't hurt!

No comments: