Tuesday, June 24, 2008

wow, wowowowow

Last night we went the big fireworks show here. We weren't sure how the kids would hold up since it started a good bit past their bedtime, but they did great. We left home around 8pm, not sure how long it would take us to cross the bridge, park, etc. We were there in plenty of time, parked and wandered down the river to a playground by a little after 9. We let Matthew & Scarlett run around and play for a long time - they had a blast. Matthew loved playing around all the other (almost all older) kids, and Scarlett enjoyed it too. I stuck pretty close to her since it was wild with all the children running around. A lot of little girls adored her though, coming up and rubbing her cheeks or patting her on the head. I heard lots of "baaaa-beeee" shrieks.

When it got close to showtime, we wandered back up towards the car a little ways and found a spot to watch the fireworks. They set them off from 3 huge barges in the middle of the river. Beautiful! We didn't take the tripod so I doubt we got good pics though. Matthew watched the fireworks and said "wow!" then he's say "wowowowow" and "I lub fireworks." He really had a blast! Scarlett let out a lot of delighted squeals so I think she enjoyed it too.

We got home around midnight & got the kids to bed. Unfortunately Scarlett woke up at 6:15 still! I didn't go to the gym because I overslept! I have to get up at 5:30 to get there in time for the class I attend. Oh well...it was a fun night but we had a LONG day today. The kids didn't nap well (ok so they hardly napped at all) which made for 3 GRUMPY people by suppertime (2 kids + a REALLY grouchy momma!). David had to mow tonight so I was quite relieved when I got them to bed! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: