Thursday, July 24, 2008

a hilarious moment

Sometimes you just need a good laugh. And having a two year old pretty much guarantees that you'll get the chance for that laugh. We were having a rotten day - Scarlett had not taken a nap, Matthew had not taken a nap, and frankly, mommy NEEDS their nap times! I was struggling to not be in a bad mood, I had just nursed Scarlett & was trying again to get her to take a nap. When I got back to the family room Matthew was in the recliner with the boppy and his romper unsnapped to his waist. He said "look mommy, I found my boobies."

Trying not to laugh, I exclaimed "yes you did!" The conversation continued:

Him: "You want to go get Scarlett and my feed her?"
Me: "Babe you can't feed Scarlett"
Him: "Yes my can, I found my boobies."
Me: "but babe, only mommy's boobies make milk"
Him: "no mommy, see my boobies have milk too"

In case anyone was wondering, his boobies don't have milk. It was a priceless moment. I actually got some video on my cell phone, but the file isn't giving any sound when I upload it. I don't know why it isn't working, but without the sound...well it's just not that funny.

When Scarlett came downstairs and I was cooking supper, he did try to pull her into the recliner with him so she could "drink some milk." I'm going to have to watch those two!

2 comments:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

you almost need a continuous video feed to be able to capture those kind of moments, huh?

::shakes head:: "I found my boobies"

oh, that boy def has my heart!

Anonymous said...

He is tooo silly!!! I am also amazed at what Cooper comes out and says...sometimes I forget he is only 2!!!!LOL Silly kids!!!!