Thursday, July 17, 2008

a great big brother

Matthew is usually a great big brother. He and Scarlett have "their moments" when they fight, but over all they get along well and play together. They are on different nap routines, but yesterday it just so happened that they woke up from their naps at about the same time. Matthew had been playing quietly in his room for a few minutes (maybe 10) when Scarlett woke up. She started fussing immediately, and I heard him shout "I'm coming, don't worry Scarlett". How sweet is that? Not sure how he planned to get out of his room...guess it's the thought that counts.

Then last night at supper, I left them eating to start cleaning up the kitchen. We do most of our eating in the breakfast area, in full view of the kitchen, so I often do this while they finish eating. David wanted to do a few things in the yard, so he went outside, and they were alone at the table. Matthew in his booster seat and Scarlett in her high chair. (I know that's not a sentence, forgive me.) I heard him scoot across the floor and then they were both laughing. They were sharing her food. He hardly touched his food, yet he ate hers like crazy! So I quickly took peas off his plate & put on the high chair tray, and took his steak, cut it into smaller pieces and put on the tray, and they ate together! I really don't want to encourage this behavior because I'd prefer to know what each one is eating, and how much of what, but it was too cute to stop!

On an unrelated note, I've lost another 2 lbs. David's meetings got changed from Wednesday to Thursday, so I'll be weighing in on Thursdays now. I weighed this morning before going to the gym & was down 2 lbs. The gym scale read 0.6 lbs less than our home scale. They are usually pretty close, I still don't know what was up last week. I've lost 28 lbs in a 12.5 weeks, I want to lose 29 more. I'm almost half-way to my goal!

AND, I took the pictures for my photography homework yesterday. I may retake them today because I wasn't thrilled with the results, but the assignment is complete.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That is soooo precious!!!!! And awesome job on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that is sooo cute!!! I dont get why they want to eat other peoples food...Cooper is all the time sharing with riley! Atleast they are eating i guess!!!LOL You are doing a great job on your weight loss, Im very proud of you!!!!