Monday, July 21, 2008

body image

I am thrilled with my weight loss, and I have to admit to feeling a lot better about myself. It's really amazing what losing a little weight can do for your self-image. I've been going to the gym fairly regularly, and I LOVE the boot camp class I've been going to. Ok, I've only been a few times, but it makes me feel SO good. Yeah, I hurt afterwards, but the rewards are obvious. First, I am keeping up a lot better than I was the first couple of classes. I am still behind the rest of the class, especially when they run, but I'm not as far behind. Second, I feel great the rest of the day after I go to this class. Third, I can tell I'm building some muscle. Last night I was folding laundry and noticed how defined my biceps are looking. Totally vain, huh? But I'm working hard & I am proud of myself. It feels good.

I should note that I'm still nowhere near where I *should* be, but I'm encouraged by seeing such obvious progress. In the past when I've tried to lose weight, I have fallen off the wagon easily, and this time the success is keeping me going. I have a couple of friends who have told me they are proud of me but jealous. To that, I'm sorry. I wish I could help them, but what I realize is that the motivation comes from inside, and it's something you have to do for yourself. No one else can do this for you. When you are ready to make a change, you'll do it.

I'm tired of feeling like the fat, ugly, frumpy chick. I'm making a change.

No comments: