Tuesday, July 29, 2008

#99 - Toy Story

Sunday afternoon we watched #99 on the AFI's top 100 list. Surprisingly, neither David nor I had ever seen all of Toy Story. We had seen bits & pieces but somehow never watched the whole thing. We waited until after Matthew's nap & popped some popcorn & sat on the couch together to watch it. Matthew enjoyed the popcorn more than the movie, but David and I enjoyed the movie. I was a little worried that some of the crazy toy scenes at Sid's house might bother Matthew, but he didn't seem to notice the dismembered, messed up toys. It was a nice bit of family time...Scarlett even woke up from her nap early so she wouldn't miss out!

I have to say that while the movie was cute and teaches some valuable lessons, I think the reason it made the list is the computer animation. It revolutionized animated film, and paved the way to many other wonderful animated films.

Up Next: Yankee Doodle Dandy

No comments: