Friday, October 3, 2008

Knitting

My newest hobby is knitting. So far I've knit a few wool soakers (diaper covers), a pair of longies (long pants that will work as a diaper cover), a pair of 'panties' for one of Scarlett's dolls (am I the only one that can't stand a naked doll butt under a dress?), and a matching pair for Scarlett...since she has a matching dress (eyeroll - while I like for Matthew & Scarlett to match sometimes, I'm not so into her matching her doll). Oh yeah, I also made a scarf with some leftover yarn, and while I think the pattern is really cute I made it way too short. I didn't check my gauge and I should have. Then I could have calculated and added some extra pattern repeats to make it long enough. Oh well, it was good practice and I learned some new stitches. I can't complain...maybe someday Matthew or Scarlett will wear it!

I've also knit 4 pumpkin hats in the last week. They turned out pretty cute, and I think I might knit one for myself to wear when we take the short people trick or treating. Just for kicks. I told David I'd whip him one up too, but he said he wouldn't wear it. Stick in the mud! I haven't taken pics of the wool stuff, but I used a picture of one of the hats for part of my photography class homework, so I can share it easily.

TADA! I wish I had taken the picture with something besides a tree in the background, so you could see the stem a little better - I think that's what makes the hat. Oh well, that's why I'm taking the class!

1 comment:

nancy said...

I ~just~ bought a "learn to knit!" book with some knitting yarn and some needles. I looked in the book for a blanket pattern and got the rigth kind of yarn and needles, but honestly, I'm scared to death to start. Not scared really, but intimidated. I TOTALLY want to make this baby of mine a blanket, but I'm afraid I don't know how!