Tuesday, October 28, 2008

can it get any sweeter?

We had a really good weekend. I'm trying to force myself to be happy because I've read that there are studies out there showing that if you act happy you usually become happier. So I'll test it. Whatever. I'm trying people!

Saturday was a pretty lazy day because the weather was supposed to be crappy and we didn't want to get out. Sunday we went to the fire station to get a pumpkin. They do a pumpkin patch as a charity fundraiser and we thought Matthew would enjoy seeing the firetrucks and firefighters up close. Plus, all their pumpkins were $5 so you can't beat that. They had other things too - facepainting, some games, cider, donuts, and hot dogs. It made for a nice outing. Matthew loved climbing in & driving the firetruck.

Afterwards we went to Meijer, where it still only costs a penny to ride the horse. You know, the mechanical horses that you put money in. As soon as we pulled up Matthew asked to ride. We went in and shopped, then got ready to head to the check out. David mentioned that he didn't see the horse. Matthew was still asking to ride (we usually take him while we are checking out - this makes sure he'll behave for shopping). We asked the cashier and she said they got rid of the horse because it was a hazard. Oh geeze - it's not the horse that's the problem - it's the parents not watching their children, but don't get me started on that. We had something to do at customer service so David kind of complained about them getting rid of the horse. The manager was there and told us the horse just needed some work & would be back. Meanwhile, Matthew is still asking for the horse. One of the customer service girls told him that the horsey had to go to the doctor but would be back soon. He got so upset at that point his eyes welled up with tears and he had such a frown. It almost made ME cry looking at him.

Matthew is also such a sweet boy. He always wants to help, even when I change Scarlett's diaper. Since I like to be at her feet when I've used a snappi, I ask him to hold her head in his lap. Today as I changed her he kept loving on her, and he would say "Scarlett's the sweetest sister." and "She's the cutest baby in the whole wide world." While I am sure he's right, I don't say that, at least not phrased like that. I don't know where he gets these things, but I'm so glad they love each other.

1 comment:

nancy said...

awwww.

No, I don't think it can get any sweeter.