Friday, October 24, 2008

Christmas plans

I can't believe there are only 2 months until Christmas! Where has this year gone? Since we've been married, David & I have alternated holidays with our families, going to his for Thanksgiving/mine for Christmas, or vice versa. We usually manage to see both sides of the family at Christmas, but for christmas day we alternate. We said when we had children we would add a year at home to that, since it will be nice to stay home some years. Technically this would be our stay home year, but we felt like Matthew still isn't quite old enough that he'll care, and Scarlett definitely won't. So we weren't sure what we would do. On our old rotation, we would spend Christmas Day with his family, so earlier this week he asked his mom what her plans were. She hemmed & hawed and didn't know, so he said "we could have everyone here" - and she thought it was a great idea! Putting it into motion, my BIL & SIL would rather be home on Christmas Eve & Day, but I understand that - they have a 5 year old and almost all of their family lives in the area and will be together those days. So we are having Christmas here the weekend before Christmas. David's whole family (well his mother's side) is coming HERE!

I am really excited - I love hosting big Christmas stuff! I am not sure where everyone will sleep, but that's not too important...we'll find a spot for everyone! We may need some more air mattresses, but we'll manage.

Now I have to get & keep my house clean!!! That pile of laundry on my table that keeps growing has to disappear. I've got to go through the closets & put the clothes that fit in MY room so I don't have to digging through the extra bedroom while we have guests. I need to work on my funk so I can get it all done without making myself insane because I really am glad they'll be here. I just can't let it stress me out as it gets closer. I'll let it stress me out now instead :)

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

It must be a Kaci thing. I'm going through a very simiialr funk. Maybe if we can take one corner in a room every day? Let me know what motivates you.

Good luck and hope you have a great Sunday.