Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Date night

Saturday night the daycare we use had a "date night" for Sweetest Day. They charged what seemed like a pretty small fee to watch the children for 5 hours. David & I have never celebrated sweetest day, and we really didn't this year - we just treated it as a date night. No reason to spend money on cards, candy, or flowers! After we dropped the children off we went to dinner at a yummy seafood place, where we splurged on an appetizer, entrees, and dessert. The appetizer and dessert were shared (well the entrees were too but we got 2 of them).

We talked about going to a movie, since that's one of the few places we won't take Matthew & Scarlett, but there weren't any movies playing at convenient times, or any that looked particularly great. I love going to the theater, but if I'm spending the money on a movie I want action, something that is just fantastic on a big screen with surround sound. Not a comedy, not a romance -those come across just as well on my tv at home! So, we decided to skip the movie and go play putt-putt instead. I don't know the last time I played putt-putt, but it was a lot of fun. The place we went was doing "haunted golf" - they had Halloween decorations up everywhere and were using red light bulbs and lots of strobe lights. They also had flashing golf balls. There were "people" sitting in chairs scattered around the course - David kept telling me they were real but I didn't believe him. Then we got to a hole where they had something draped across so you couldn't see the hole from the tee area - when we walked around to the hole this voice from the side said "she almost had a hole in one"! I almost jumped out of my skin I was so startled (by the voice, not the almost hole in one). If David hadn't been telling me they were real people I would have probably really been scared!

One thing I realized while we were making plans is that it is ridiculous for me to be so attached to Scarlett. She sometimes refuses a bottle so I am afraid to be too far away from her for longer than 3 hours because I never know when I will need to feed her. (Daycare has called a few times because she won't eat for them and she is fussing, obviously hungry.) I HAVE to do something...I can't live the next 8 months never knowing when the phone is going to ring to feed her - anyone have any suggestions on getting her to take a bottle?

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

So glad you guys got a date night! Great to hear you had a good time!

Yay for Date Night!