Tuesday, March 3, 2009

making me happy

I love that I have a husband who is willing to do whatever it takes to make me happy. He knows I really want to live in Georgia, even though I agreed moving here was what was best for us. I didn't realize how hard it would be *for me* after we had children to live so far from our families. My sister in law makes a big deal out of "I don't know how you do it without help" and that's not my problem. I'm not doing it on my own. My problem is knowing how much I loved living across the road from my grandparents and less than 5 miles from the other grandparents. And every time we visit, or my parents visit here, I hate leaving. I hate thinking of all the little things that happen in Matthew's and Scarlett's lives that they miss out on. I hate going 3+ months without seeing my nieces and nephew. Otherwise, I'm happy as a clam here.

David had an idea for us to get back to Georgia. We are looking into our options and trying to figure out the finances and logistics. I feel like we are on a good path, but of course it is scary to think about picking up & moving with the economy like it is right now. We will lose a bundle on our house, if we can even sell it. But I'm so excited about the opportunity and the possibility. We could be in Georgia in just a couple of months! What I really appreciate is that David is actively working to figure out how we can make it happen, he is coming up with ideas and encouraging me that we can do it, even when I have doubts. And I know he's doing it all for me (well and the kids).

I haven't been blogging quite as much lately, because my "free" time is when the short people are napping, and right now while they are napping I am busy busy busy working on this possible move. I am researching, analyzing, and making phone calls. Let's move!

2 comments:

nancy said...

:) Good for you. It's awesome to have such a great man you get to call your husband!

Anonymous said...

You have an awesome husband, but you know that already! I'm glad that David is trying to make you happy! I know things are gonna work out for you guys, there's no way they couldn't! Good luck, Kaci, with whatever you guys decide to do!