Monday, March 16, 2009

are you picky about whose food you eat?

I kid you not, I love to eat. But what I enjoy almost as much as eating is not cooking, but baking. So as I read blogs this weekend, I got a craving. All because someone else posted a picture of cake on their blog. So I kept thinking about this cake, mainly because it's been one of my favorite cakes for as long as I can remember. I wanted to make one, just to see if I could. But I didn't want to eat it. Well, more than one slice of it anyway. As I was bitching to David about how I enjoy baking but can't have cake in the house, he told me if I made it Sunday he would just take it to work Monday. Good idea, right? I get to bake & he gets to score brownie points at work (assuming it's edible). So I cook, layer after layer after layer after layer after....I ended up with 15 layers, but the 15th was a lot bigger than the others, because I wanted 14 layers & the 15th was just all the extra batter. So I didn't use it. Then when I was stacking & icing, I began to worry it was going to be too tall. So it's only 12 layers. Yummy!




But as I baked, stacked, and iced, I had help. I made sure his hands were clean before we started, but I couldn't stop him from licking his finger every once in a while. I tried to make sure everything he licked was from a drip off the spoon he was holding, and that he didn't actually touch the cake, but I can't be sure.

So tell me, do YOU eat goodies that people bring in from home? Do you worry about whose fingers have been licked while they were preparing it?

You'd eat after him, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd eat after that cute little thing! I am very picky about who I eat after...idk, just wary (SP?) maybe. That cake looks FREAKIN awesome, Kaci! I looooved it! I wish I had some!!!!!!