Thursday, March 26, 2009

i don't like them today

I love my kids, don't get me wrong. But today, I don't like them. They have been whining all morning. I can't stand whiny brats, and I don't want my kids to be that type of kid. Hopefully a good nap will solve that problem for today. They haven't napped much this week, and Matthew (great kid that he is) still needs a nap. They are both asleep now, so I'm hoping this afternoon I like them again.

I feel bad even admitting that sometimes I don't like them. Yesterday they were great (besides the not napping part). Matthew had a bloody nose sometime overnight so I needed to wash his sheets & "puff" (his stuffed dog). I had ordered a backup puff some time ago, but hadn't worked up the nerve to make the switch. Original puff is ~30 years old - he was mine when I was a little girl so original & new...quite different! But yesterday I did it. Matthew didn't seem to notice, other than he commented about puff's hair being fluffy & clean. But then he told me "Mommy you did it. You really saved the day." It doesn't get much better than that!

Scarlett is just a little devil. An adorable little devil, who likes to wave both hands at you when they are covered with mashed potatoes. An adorable little devil, who likes to say "no no no" in a way only she can say it. An adorable little devil, who likes to throw shoes over her bedroom gate. An adorable little devil, who goes to sleep a LOT faster in her new bed if I lay down with her. An adorable little devil, who has helped me sneak in a short nap for the past 2 days.

Tonight on Idol...hmmm - I think Megan or Michael will go home. Not very risky predictions, but I have liked them both up until last night. For the record, I thought Lil was HORRIBLE. I expected greatness from her but it hurt my ears. We rewound to see Kara's face (did anyone else catch the look of pain on her face?) and I said "that's how I feel." And the way things are going, if Adam doesn't win, I'll be shocked.

1 comment:

Jess said...

You can't like everyone, everyday, even your own kids. I feel the same way sometimes...they just drive me crazy! Don't feel bad for saying that, you're only human. I always tell Tyler, today the boys were so good, it was such a nice day, tomorrow is gonna be hell....it seems like kids work on that kind of schedule, well, at least mine do!