Friday, March 20, 2009

stinky butt

It rarely fails, Scarlett poops when she goes down for a nap. I've tried putting her on the potty but she won't poop in the potty. Maybe if I put it in her crib? Anyway, today she seemed to go to sleep, but she woke up pretty early, so I grabbed a diaper & wipes and headed upstairs. When I opened her door, she said "stinky butt" - I said "did you say stinky butt?" and she said "uh-huh". I don't usually put those words together during diaper changes so I'm not sure how she figured out that's what it was, but she was right.

A couple of nights ago at supper Matthew asked David a question but David was in the kitchen so I answered. Matthew looked at me and said "no mommy don't talk to me. I was talking to dada." All I could do was laugh.

Kids really do say the darndest things.

On a bad note, I gained weight this week. Ugh. I knew I shouldn't have made cake. But hey, it could have been worse - at least I don't still have cake sitting around. Sending it to work with David was smart. I had really hoped to be at my goal by now and it is just so frustrating that it is coming off so slowly now. ARGH!

No comments: