Monday, March 23, 2009

where did she come from

Whew. Scarlett is so much different than Matthew. I seriously don't know where she came from. Matthew is the spitting image of David. He looks like David, he acts like David, he walks like David. Scarlett...I don't know. She doesn't look like either of us, she certainly has a bigger personality than either of us, and while it's 200% adorable, she is keeping me busy.

Friday she woke up early from her nap & I changed her diaper. Then she got up again a little later. She made some noise and Matthew woke up. I heard them talk back & forth over the monitor and heard him say "climb out of your bed and come play with me." Uh-oh. They chattered some more but I could tell she was in her room & he was in his. OK. Then she got quiet & I could hear him playing. I figured she was back asleep & he was up. That's fine too. Then I heard strange noises. Well, not really strange but not normal. So I go upstairs. Scarlett was in Matthew's room (which has a gate at the door) and Matthew was in the hall. Scarlett was wearing only her shirt. No diaper or pants in sight. Those were on the floor in her room. I was relieved there wasn't any poop smeared around :)

Saturday & Sunday were both a battle to keep her in the crib at naptime. No problems at bedtime though - I think maybe because I put her in a sleep sack. Anyway, after naptime yesterday we decided to just convert the crib to a toddler bed. So then bedtime was a nightmare. She kept getting up & just screaming. She finally fell asleep around 10pm. When we looked in on her she had taken all the clothes out of the bottom half of her armoire & they were scattered around the room. She also fell out of the bed around midnight. Poor baby. Good thing I put pillows on the floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one of those wild child girls too. I'm sure you can understand why my Busy B began sleeping on a mattress on the floor when she was 13 months old. ;) B cannot be contained in a room, unless you lock the door. It sounds like Scarlett is a similar, crazy girl. Fun, but crazy.