Friday, March 13, 2009

friday's random thoughts

First, weigh in this week was good. I lost 1.6 lbs, but what is good is that it puts me at my lowest weight in a LONG LONG time. I mean like, back from when I first got fat, maybe 7-8 years ago. Last time I actually remember being this low was when I got married. I was actually at 120 then, so I still have a lot of pounds to lose to be there, but I really don't know when I gained the weight that started me on my fat journey. I blame it on the weekly work travel...eating out all the time sucks. But anyway, I hope I've broken that plateau and will be heading to goal now. Yay me!

Second, we're supposed to have nice weather this weekend. Hopefully we'll get outside some - I love winter but I'm getting tired of having to be so bundled up every time I take the kids outside.

Rumor has it McD's in Canada sell Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurries. Anyone know if this is true? Hopefully I will, later today. David had to go on an "international business trip" (eyeroll) today and I asked him to check it out. If he was able to and they have them, we'll be heading over there sometime. (yeah, i know, i just talked about weight loss, but I'll figure out the points for the mcflurry & I'll count it...it's ok!)

I have a weakness for Cadbury Creme Eggs. And they're putting them out in stores earlier & earlier before Easter. This week they're on sale so David bought me a bunch. I'll try to limit myself to one every 3rd day or so. I'd like to eat one a day, but I can't do that & expect to lose weight.

Sounds like I'm obsessed with food & weight, huh? I think I might be, but not in a dangerous way.

Any thoughts on how to go about finding someone? I only "know" her through her blog, but she is a pretty regular poster & she hasn't posted in almost a month. I've sent her a message but nothing. I worry.

Scarlett is a mess. I am afraid she's going to be trouble down the road! Matthew is so laid back, he never really went through that phase of saying "no" or "mine" (but then again he didn't have to share for a long time). Scarlett will tell me "no" or "mine" so much. She also loves to point at herself in the mirror and say "me". I encourage her though - I say "who is mommy's pretty girl?" and she says "meeeeee" and points to herself. I interchange the adjective, sometimes she's sweet, smart, busy, rotten, etc. Not always pretty :)

No comments: