Wednesday, February 11, 2009

so sweet together

Matthew and Scarlett have been horrible this week. Yep, I said it. I am sure they know I'm not feeling well so they are taking full advantage. But then they have their really sweet moments too. Like when Scarlett has asked me "book?" for the hundredth time and my throat is just too sore to read another story, and Matthew says "My read to Scar-ett" and they sit down together in the chair with a book. He has a lot of their books memorized now and the ones he doesn't he just makes something up to go along with the picture. I love moments like this.

The other fun thing they've been doing is he will ask her "do you want to walk with me?" and then they hold hands and run in circles around the recliner, until he is going too fast for her and she trips, then they both fall down. Ok so the tripping & falling down isn't my favorite part, but it is sweet to watch them run holding hands.

Scarlett also wants to kiss anytime she thinks you're hurt. Last night they kept climbing on me, poking knees and elbows into places they don't belong. Occasionally I would say "ow, let's move that leg" or something, and as soon as I said "ow" Scarlett was looking at me "kiss?" and then kissing me wherever she thought I was hurt. Life is good, even when I feel like crap.

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I know how you feel. My older boys can give me a sweet moment but blow it within seconds! LOL

I hope you get to feeling better. Do you have the flu or something more serious?

sending hugs your way (and a nanny for the kids so you can rest).....I know, we can still dream.

Anonymous said...

Baby kisses make everything feel better!