Thursday, February 12, 2009

confession time (updated)

I'm sure if I put some thought into it I could come up with lots of gnarly things to confess, but my big secret right now is about to be out. You ready for this?

I.

haven't.

taken.

down.

my.

Christmas.

decorations!

Yep, that's right. I put them up the first weekend of December and have just loved loved loved having them up. I never feel like the Christmas season lasts long enough, so I usually leave my decorations up a bit longer than most people. But here it is almost Valentine's Day, and my stuff is still up. I did take the outside garland and lower lights down last weekend, but the lights at the top of the house...still up. (David says they have to stay until the ice is gone. They may be there in June at the rate we're going!) And I'm still using my Christmas dishes too.

No matter how much I love Christmas and the decorations that come with it, it's time for them to be packed away. But I'm just too damn lazy to do it!

So that's my big confession. I'm embarrassed by this. Just so that I'm not the only one embarrassed today, don't you want to share a confession too???

My second confession - I was in a secret santa exchange & even though the box has been packed ready to go for a while, I STILL haven't weighed & mailed it. :(

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Well I think that you should just leave the tree up and put everyone's Valentines gifts under it. LOL

My grandma used to put a trash bag over the tree and carry the whole docorated tree to the basement. It was kink of funny.

HOpe you have a happy friday.

Anonymous said...

My confession for the day, hmm let' see....I forgot to brush the boys' teeth TWO DAYS IN A ROW! I'm a HORRIBLE mommy! I would go to do it, something would come up, I'd leave the bathroom and remember every time I went back, but again, something would come up and it never got done! This morning, they got a GOOD brushing, which they hated!