Friday, January 30, 2009

doctor updates

So I'm glad to know I'm not the only person with a crazy neighbor! You'd think people would have some respect and not do insane things in their yard at all hours of the night. I know, some people work odd hours and all, but ugh!

Today we had Scarlett's 18 month checkup and Matthew's 3 year one, just a month late. They were both declared "perfect" - do you think she says that to all the parents? Surely not, I must be the only one out there with perfect kids. :)

Matthew weighs 35 lbs and is 38.5" tall - ~75% for both.
Scarlett weighss 24.5 lbs and is 32.5" tall. Her head measured 47.5cm. Her weight was ~50% and height ~75%, they didn't tell us a % for her head.

We asked about Matthew's nosebleeds (oh yeah, forgot to post about that - he's had more, one waking us up around 4am to clean up...poor kid). She said what we expected - they're pretty typical for this time of year with the weather like it is and suggested a humidifier and saline spray. We also asked about him not saying "c" sounds very good - he does fine with some words but not others. He can't say "car" or "corn"...instead he says "Par" and "Po.rn" - (gotta love it when we're in a restaurant and he asks for corn!). Again she said it's nothing to worry about, which we weren't really worried, just figured it was better to ask than not ask.

It is snowing again today and Matthew asked if we could build a snowman. I promised him that we would tomorrow...that way David can join the fun. Sunday we will watch the superbowl (for the commercials of course) and enjoy fattening food. David will make wings and I'll make sausage dip and buffalo chicken dip. Yum!Yum!

Weigh in this week I didn't lose, didn't gain. But my scale gives me body fat % and I did drop 0.9% fat. Boot camp is paying off. I'm already planning extra exercise so I can eat what I want Sunday.

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Well my personal trainer told me that when we are working out, muscle weighs more than fat so as long as your fat % is going down, your heading in the right direction.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Jocelyn said...

I'm not sure how I happened upon your blog, whether it was through a friend's or the clubfoot group on yahoo. anyway I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your posts. I have found myself laughing out loud so often. I love the way you share your thoughts! look forward to laughing more in the future :)