Monday, January 26, 2009

fershor

I was leaving a comment on someone's blog today and they have word verification on. Usually I hate word verification, either it's hard to read or it's just such a mess of a "word" that it's really difficult to type. This one today though, well it just made me smile. It was "fershor" - you know, the way us southerners say "for sure" - so it was easy.

It's funny, I really don't say "shore" for "sure" but I've noticed Matthew does. He will say "My shore do love you" or "My shore did miss you" and lots of other similar things. So I'm sure that if he said "for sure" it would come out "fershor." (Yeah, I know...using "my" like he does instead of "I" isn't proper either, but he's 3 and it's cute. He is learning proper pronoun usage, he usually gets he, she, him, her, we, me, and they...just not "I" and "my".)

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Oh it is always the little things in life that make us laugh!!

I hope you have been good lately. I think I'm finally coming out of my slump.

Take care

Becky said...

That is cute! Bodie gets my and I but not me and you. He is always saying "mommy carry you" or "Barrett got you". It is so fun watching their language develop over time.

Anonymous said...

Aww....that made me smile....


Oh and I hate that word crap, too!