Friday, January 16, 2009

friday favorites

Some of my favorite moments from the past week have been with things Matthew has said. One day he was pottying and while he washed his hands I decided to potty. He asked me "do you have a winkie" to which I replied "no." He said "My have a winkie." I said "yes" and he said "where's your winkie?" so I told him girls don't have winkies. After we both finished washing our hands he went straight to Scarlett and said "do you have a winkie?" and she quickly said "noooooo". Of course that's her favorite word right now, so I am not assuming she knows.

Another day after Matthew pottied, he asked me "what was that noise?" I had not heard a noise so I replied that I didn't know. He told me "I just tooted and it went in my underwear." I was afraid it might have been more than a toot since he said it went in his underwear, but I checked and fortunately it was just a toot!

Matthew doesn't quite understand what cousins are. He told me Rhett was his cousin (true) and Belle is his cousin (also true) but then he said "and you are my cousin." Obviously NOT true. I'm from Georgia, not Alabama ;)

We signed Matthew up for skating lessons. He had his first one Monday and seemed to enjoy it. He's asked me several times this week to talk about skating or to watch skating on the computer. (I pulled up videos on youtube to show him before his class.) Anyway, today he told me he wants to go skating with a stick. Maybe he's gonna be a Red Wing someday.

Sorry I'm so slack about posting lately - I'm knitting so most of my "free time" is spent on the couch. And yeah, I still have a daughter, since this post is all about Matthew, maybe next week I'll have a fun Scarlett story to share.

(Sorry about the quality of the pic & video - they were with my phone since I FORGOT my camera!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Matthew likes to skate! He seems like he's such a funny little guy! And I'm glad we aren't the only ones that call "it" a winky! LOL

nancy said...

hehehe. I just die with the things my girls say.

and awwwww on matthew learning how to skate!

My Three Sons said...

Well little ones always keep you entertained.

That is ccol about the ice skating. Would you believe that I live in the midwest and we have very few ice skating rinks? I'm thinking three and they are about 45 minutes apart.

Hope you have a great weekend.