Friday, May 30, 2008

hubby brag

Sometimes I have to do it. I complain about him when he drives me bonkers, so it's only fair that when he does something wonderful I document that too, right? I mentioned that my mom is coming to visit. She arrives this afternoon. I am not a good housekeeper. Of all the things I learned from her, somehow I did not pick up her ability to keep a clean house while raising children & tending to a husband. So every time she comes to visit, I'm scurrying around like crazy for a few days beforehand trying to make the house presentable. Around midnight last night I finally told David to let's just go to bed, that I would deal with the rest this morning. He wondered how I would finish it all, and I told him I would just get the big stuff and not worry about the details. Well he got up this morning before 6, and I knew he was headed to the gym. I was wrong! He got up and swept the living room & dining room, mopped the kitchen, and cleaned up a large part of the breakfast area!!!! Isn't he a great husband? :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is a great surprise from David!! I should have him talk to Curt :)

Hope you are having a good time with your mom!

IdleMindOfBeth said...

Awww! Yay David!

And Hi MommaJoy! *waving*

Totallyscrappy said...

What a sweetie!
Enjoy your visit.