Friday, May 23, 2008

Matthew tidbits

Just a lot of random Matthew bits that I don't want to forget.

* Some days he calls for me to come get him when he wakes up from his nap and when I get up there he is hiding. It's a fun little game of his.

* Like most little boys, he plays with his winkie sometimes. One day about a month ago, he was playing with it while I changed his diaper and when I was ready to close up the diaper I told him to stop so I could get his diaper fastened. He said "I lub my winkie." I almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard.

* He has been going through a phase where he repeats things. The other day he was acting up & I said "Matthew, you're being ugly." He quickly said "No, you're ugly mommy" - so I guess it's confirmed. I'm ugly.

* One morning I forgot to put the diaper cover over his diaper. When I realized I said something about being a bad mommy cause I forgot his cover. A little later, kind of out of the blue, Matthew looked at me & said "I lub my bad mommy."

* The other day Scarlett was fussing and Matthew told me "Scarlett hungy". He walked over to the boppy and brought it to me. Then he told me "Scarlett want eat booby."

* A couple of weekends ago we went to a bronco show/swap meet. We left home before our normal breakfast time, so we just ate in the car. Except Scarlett...I just fed her when we got there. David & Matthew started looking around while she ate her cereal & fruit. David said that Matthew picked a flower and carried it around for a few minutes, then gave it to a little girl. David said she looked to be 8-9 years old. Maybe he'll like the older girls?

* I love the way Matthew makes Scarlett laugh. It can be anything he does - she adores him and will laugh & smile at him for almost everything. When he realizes she is laughing at him, he tries to make her laugh even more. I love that he loves her.

* Instead of having 2 babies in diapers, I have 2 babies and a bear. I frequently have to change diapers on Matthew's bear when I change his or Scarlett's diaper. Sometimes I can get away with just putting on a cover, but usually I have to do the whole shebang.

* Last night we took the paci from him. David thinks it's starting to visibly affect his teeth. He is going through a phase where he will whine at bedtime that he doesn't want something..."I don't want my _______" - usually it's his blanket, sometimes his puff (a stuffed animal), other times it's the paci. We leave it on the bed beside him because in less than 5 minutes he is saying he wants it. Last night he said he didn't want the paci so David brought it downstairs. Sure enough, a couple of minutes passed and he started asking for it. David snipped the end off and took it back to him. A few minutes later Matthew screamed out "I don't want my paci. It's broke. Dada come get it." David went and got it & we didn't hear anything else about it. We'll see how naptime goes today! I'm prepared to give him the one with the cut off tip if he wants it, but that's all he'll get.

* I love the conversations we can have now. He knows Scarlett is not allowed to have his sippy cup. In the mornings I give him a cup of milk first thing, then we eat breakfast around 8:30. One morning when we went to the table I asked Matthew where his cup was. He told me Scarlett was drinking it and he took it away. Then he said "put it so she can't reach it." I asked where he put it and he told me it was by the diaper cream. Sure enough, it was on the shelf by the Desitin.

2 comments:

nancy said...

"I lub my winkie".

lol.

OMG. What am I going to do if this baby is a boy???

ack.

Kaci said...

Nancy you'll manage just fine if this one is a boy. You'll love him just as much as you love those beautiful, wonderful girls. My family is full of girls, I didn't know what I'd do, but so far it's been great. Lubbing the winkie & all ;)